Imported Excel data looks strange

Hello, new Symon user here.

Recently I imported my Excel data into Symon and I got something that looks like this:

The data looks correct, but my column headers are in the 4th line. I also have 2 extra columns on the left. How can I change it such that my column headers are not on the 4th line and instead at the top where it says "col_0", "col_1" etc.

Thank you!

Comments

• A couple ways to solve this:You can clean the data directly in Symon. Here's how to use our tools to transform the data into the format you're describing.

1. Add a Drop tool, Drop "col_0" and "col_1" to get rid of the first 2 empty columns.
    2. Add a Remove Empty tool to get rid of all completely empty rows. Make sure "Always use all columns" is checked.
    3. Add a Rename tool. Rename the columns to "ProductCode", "Volume Sold", "Price" and "Weight" respectively.
    4. Add a Filter tool. Create a filter "ProductCode", "Not Equal", "ProductCode", which will exclude the header values that are a row.

The result will look something like this:

Alternatively, in Excel you can move your column headers to the top line and remove your first 2 empty columns. Import the data into Symon again and it will match the top rows as column headers.